Ultimaker available for pre-ordering!
The last few months have been very busy ones for us, we done quite some testing with the Ultimaker, started a company, searched for the right material suppliers, worked on our webshop and so on. We initially planned to start in December but the combination of starting a new company and developing an all new product took more time than we counted on.
As of today the Ultimaker is available for pre-order from our shop, yay! We will ship it in four to six weeks.
In addition to the many people who have contributed to the Ultimaker, we would especially like to thankÂ the participants of first and second Ultimaker workshop at the Utrecht Fablab Protospace for providing such a lot of feedback to us, it has been really helpfulÂ in making the Ultimaker a great product.
Update: Yes, we will also ship to the USA and yes, it runs on 110 V and 240 V (some people were asking) and yes, there are still some spots left in the pre-order!
Congratulations Erik! Can’t wait to place an order…
1) Do you have a build for the linux 0024 replicatorg? You only have windows and mac on http://replicatorg.erikdebruijn.nl/
2) When will the designs for the ultimaker be open sourced?
Thanks again for all your hard work.
1. Yes, I can build it for you, I didn’t upload it, cause it took very long. Do you need it now or was that meant for the Ultimaker? 😉
2. Upon first shipments we will publish it for everyone. They are original designs, definitely inspired by RepRap and Makerbot, but independent. So we want to share them but wait just long enough to have some protection of our investments (it’s a lot of money that we put into prototyping)
Thanks for the response,
1) A build would be really useful. I’ve created a flavour of the Ultimachine FW that works with RAMPS and would love to use the latest replicatorg with it.
2) Thanks! You guys are doing great work. Just a support material needed next!